Visiting Scholar and Doctoral Fellowship Attachment Programme
In line with its efforts to enhance the activities of the Research Unit and enhance policy outcomes, the West African Institute for Financial and Economic Management (WAIFEM) has commenced a visiting scholar and doctoral fellowship attachment programme for researchers and policy makers.
The objective of the programme is to facilitate the harmonization of the theoretical Knowledge of the academia and its practical application. It will also facilitate research works on contemporary policy issues relevant to economic development and integration in the sub-region in particular and sub-Sahara Africa in general.
Admission to the programme will depend on the following:
- >> Candidates must be doctoral students working on their thesis or policy makers engaged in empirical research works
- >> The visitors programme will be residential and should be concluded in not more than 3 months for doctoral students and six months for policy researchers.
- >> Candidates will be required to present at least one seminar paper on their research work.
- >> Visiting scholars and/or senior policymakers would produce research paper(s) that is publishable.
- >> Candidates will also be required to facilitate on courses of relevance to their field of study.
- >> Candidates must be of ECOWAS citizen.
- >> Candidates will be subjected to an entry interview.
- >> Candidates must abide by the rules and regulations as well as the code of conduct of the Institute.
- >> Preference will be given to candidates engaged in fields of study that have bearing on the ECOWAS roadmap.
- >> The deadline for application is August 15, 2019.
Visiting scholars and doctoral students would be paid a token honorarium. Interested applicants who meet the eligibility criteria should apply to:
The Director General,
West African Institute for Financial and
Economic Management (WAIFEM),
Central Bank of Nigeria Learning Centre,
P. M. B. 2001, Satellite Town,